The Community Blood Center is looking for a Be The Match Coordinator to join our team!
The Be The Match Coordinator is responsible for donor center activities related to CBC’s participation in the National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP). This primarily includes all aspects of donor management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the receipt, completion, and follow-up of donor search requests. Coordinate the education, consent, and health history screening of volunteer stem cell donors. Provide scheduling, collection, and transportation of blood samples for testing. Coordinate stem cell donation and transplant with transplant center(s) and marrow or apheresis collection center(s), ensure couriers designated by the Donor Center comply with and complete NMDP Courier Training.
- Access donor advocacy services for potential donors and donors and provide donor follow-up post donation.
- Report and manage adverse events and planned/unplanned deviations.
- Participate in NMDP-related research projects and protocols; submit donor samples to research repository as required.
- Provide appropriate education on the stem cell donation and the transplant process to the general public and potential donors.
- Maintain potential donor, donor, patient, and recipient confidentiality and ensure relevant Donor Center staff comply with and complete NMDP Confidentiality Training.
- Maintain accurate computerized donor records.
- Submit charges to NMDP per NMDP guidelines.
- Assure center meets established Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) and Performance Management System criteria.
- Responsible for writing and maintaining all BTM SOPs and performing departmental training and competency.
- Complies with all policies and procedures as outlined by NMDP and the CBC Employee Handbook, CBC SOPs, or directives. Maintains current level of job-related skills by attending inservices and training sessions and reading publications.
Education, Experience, & Skills Requirements:
Employee must have skills related to:
- Program Maintenance
- Oral and written communication
- Self-direction and independent work
- Basic computer knowledge
Employee should have knowledge and/or experience in:
- Health history screening,
- Blood product regulations,
- Donor counseling/education/confidential data managements
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- HLA system and hematopoietic cell transplantation (preferred)
Flexible work hours including some evening and weekends with limited travel. Employee may occasionally be required to lift objects or materials weighing up to 25 pounds. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
The Community Blood Center
4406 W. Spencer St.
Appleton, WI 54914
The Community Blood Center is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer