The Community Blood Center is looking for a Marketing Specialist to join our team!
The Marketing Specialist will lead market research, analysis and data management for the marketing department while performing daily marketing and communications activities to support organizational objectives. This role will perform essential marketing tasks while tracking and managing performance to turn outcomes into actionable solutions and strategies. The Marketing Specialist will work in conjunction with the PR & Community Engagement Specialist to ensure CBC is an active and strategic part of the community, enhancing brand awareness and creating data-centric recommendations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned):
Research & Analytics
- Conduct market research to identify donor demographics, habits, trends, and competitor tactics in order to apply this information to marketing and donor recruitment tactics and strategies.
- Conduct analysis on marketing and communication strategies needed to engage first-time donors, retain current donors and understand engagement habits of platelet donors.
- Set and monitor KPIs to measure the effectiveness of CBC marketing, advertising and communications programs and strategies (including engagement, reach, referral traffic, etc.), provide analysis, and recommend and implement the corresponding changes to tactics or strategies. This includes traditional marketing outlets and digital outlets.
- Track and monitor performance and analytics for all projects to continually improve messaging and content, and leverage report data to identify trends and insights to achieve maximum ROI.
- Provide regular analysis of website and social media.
- Manage all data needs for the marketing department, including obtaining data, analyzing data and coordinating data file needs with external vendors.
Marketing & Communications Responsibilities
- Create and implement special promotions or campaigns to promote blood donation. This includes concepting, communication promotion creation, management of physical elements of promotions (ex: gift cards, inventory management, t-shirt distribution, etc.) and measurement of outcomes.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and provide creative solutions based on new marketing strategies.
- Lead planning related to campaigns and marketing activities. Project manage campaigns to ensure implementation and measure results.
- Write and edit content in the CBC brand and voice for various audiences, as needed.
- Create and execute digital marketing campaigns aligned with CBC goals and marketing strategies while maintaining consistency of brand image, voice and message.
- Create digital content for use on website, blog, email marketing and social media, including posting and management of social media content and graphics to all platforms.
- Management of CBC website using WordPress.
- Manage email marketing, including data files, content creation, graphics creation and sending of e-communications to various audiences.
- Stay up-to-date on new media industry trends and emerging digital channels.
- Support community awareness initiatives by assisting in the planning and execution of community relations activities and special events.
- Analyze previous event results to ensure growth and improvement where applicable.
- Assist in special event planning, set-up, day-of execution, take down, and other duties as needed.
- Conduct education programs and tours for donor groups, businesses and schools related to the importance of blood donation.
- Collect, track, and analyze donor numbers and sales leads generated by each event.
- Maintain confidentiality of CBC, donor, and patient information at all times. Comply with all policies and procedures as outlined in the CBC Employee Handbook, CBC SOPs or directives. Maintains current level of job-related skills by attending in-services, training sessions, and reading publications.
Job Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, marketing research, public relations, communications, business administration or related field.
- 5+ years of professional experience in communications, marketing, or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in SEO, research and analytics
- Experience contributing professional work within an established brand voice.
- Proficient, in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, etc.), posting and leveraging content.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office. Graphic design experience is desirable.
- Experience in managing multiple projects effectively and within set timeframes and to prioritize competing demands.
- Strong passion to identify and solve real business problems using data and analytics
- Thorough understanding of traditional and digital marketing methods and market research methods.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret various types of documents and results, and write high-quality materials and articles in a pre-designed style and format. * Superior analytical and creative thinking skills, attention to detail and curiosity.
- SEO and standard web CMS systems, Google analytics, Facebook analytics, social marketing, conversion rate optimization * Compelling writing and sharp editing skills that span a range of platforms and diverse audiences.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication, be highly self-motivated, and able to schedule and follow-up on all actions with little direct supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing, and be comfortable speaking to small and large groups while presenting information to internal and external audiences; maintains professional appearance.
- Possess problem-solving/negotiation skills to resolve issues professionally.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, cross-team capacity, manage multiple projects and work within tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward donors, co-workers, vendors and the community.
- This position includes variable hours, including early morning and late evening activities, as well as weekends, traveling to events, and overnight stays.
- Knowledge of the blood banking industry and donor recruitment techniques is a plus.
Submit your resume and application today!
The Community Blood Center
4406 W. Spencer St.
Appleton, WI 54914
The Community Blood Center is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer