The Community Blood Center is looking for a Donor Services Attendant to join our team.
Are you interested in a career where you could help save lives every day?
Come work for an organization that gives back – our mission is to: connect lives, share life!
Our organization’s promise and mission is fulfilled through an intricate network of individuals and groups, harnessing their singular focus to assist patients in their time of need. When you join The Community Blood Center, you’re helping to save lives right here in our community.
The Donor Services Attendant is responsible for donor services functions which include greeting donors/guests, rescheduling donors, performing appointment reminder calls, cafe duties, providing donor customer service and associated clerical duties.
- Provides customer service to donors to include: conversation during waits and during donation, providing amenities to make donors comfortable and ensuring donors feel appreciated and valued.
- Warmly greets and registers donors, instructs donors to complete appropriate paperwork and answer donor questions. Together with Donor Collection Coordinator/designee ensure appropriate donor flow.
- Greets guests/contractors and contacts appropriate blood center personnel. Notifies appropriate CBC personnel of deliveries.
- As needed, performs café attendant duties.
- Monitors donors for any adverse post-donation reactions and summons assistance from the collection staff.
- Serves refreshments to donors. Replenishes the refreshments and cafe supplies. Maintains a clean, neat setting in the cafe, including any housekeeping tasks indicated.
- Reschedules donors for future appointments prior to their departing.
- Performs appointment reminder calls to donors at both donor centers and mobiles.
- Monitors and submits supply order forms to purchasing agent on a timely basis.
- Provides oversight to assigned volunteers as needed.
- Provides donors with information regarding the blood center, blood donation types and/or CBC programs, and informs donors of their donation level.
- Assists with clerical, reception tasks and any other duties as assigned.
- Complies with all policies and procedures as outlined in the CBC Employee Handbook, CBC SOPs or directives. Maintains current level of job-related skills by attending in-service, training sessions and reading publications.
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED
- Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to relate well with others
- Reliable transportation
- Date entry/computer skills
- Attentive to detail and possess good follow-through skills
- Customer service experience preferred
- Must maintain confidentiality of CBC and donor information
- Must act in a professional manner
- Ability to work without continuous supervision or direction
- May occasionally be required to lift objects or materials weighing up to 35 pounds
- Primarily Monday – Friday with rotating weekends.
- 36 hours per week.
Apply today at the link below to join our team!
The Community Blood Center
4406 W. Spencer St. Appleton, WI 54914
The Community Blood Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran