Once your donation is done, take 10-15 minutes to relax, drink a few glasses of juice, and eat some snacks. Enjoy the great feeling of knowing that your donation will help a hospital patient! And.Ö
For the rest of the day:
- Eat hearty meals and drink 4 extra glasses of water
- Refrain from strenuous activity or heavy lifting
- Avoid prolonged standing and hot environments
- Leave the bandage on for 4 hours
- Abstain from alcohol or smoking
Just in case...
- If the donation site starts to bleed, raise your arm straight up, and press on the site for 4-5 minutes
- If you start feeling lightheaded or dizzy, lie down and raise your feet
- If your arm becomes sore, applying an ice pack for 10-20 minutes can help relieve discomfort
Call us at (920)419-3809 if you...
- Feel your blood should not be used for transfusion
- Remember important health information you didnít give us
- Realize after donating you do not meet the screening criteria
- Develop a fever or diarrhea, or an infection at the donation site
- Have any other questions regarding your donation
Your blood donation may help save someoneís life-
thank you for giving blood!