The Community Blood Center is seeking a Materials Coordinator who is responsible for ensuring mobile collection operations have the supplies, equipment and vehicles necessary to successfully conduct blood drives.
The Coordinator’s duties will include but not limited to preparing supplies in advance of blood drive operations, evaluating and triaging incoming supplies after use in operations and monitoring the maintenance and repair status of vehicles, ensuring vehicles are clean (inside and outside). The individual will seek opportunities to improve the facilities and processes related to the blood collection vehicle and supply processes. As well as ensure all supplies are prepared and available on a daily basis.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Allocates and prepares an appropriate amount of supplies for mobile operations based on the drive schedule and products to be collected.
- Evaluates supplies being returned from mobile operations and maintains these supplies in a manner that allows for lot number control and effective use of the supply.
- Prepares packing ice in accordance with procedures to be taken on mobile collection operations.
- Maintains and monitors the vehicle maintenance status, schedules and coordinates vehicle maintenance and works closely with the Collections and Operations Planning Manager to ensure DOT compliance.
- Reviews Pre and Post Trip paperwork to ensure compliance with procedures and to identify vehicle or driver trends that require corrective action.
- Maintains accurate and complete records for supply allocation and vehicle maintenance.
- Ensures vehicles are clean and tidy.
- Provides back-up for the Donor Services Equipment Coordinator position.
- Manages projects associated with supplies or vehicles as requested.
- Independently troubleshoots and tracks supply, vehicle or driver issues and makes recommendations for correction and prevention
- Creates, revises and maintains SOPs and policies related to supplies and vehicle use and maintenance.
- Conducts training as necessary for relevant process revisions and implementations.
- Maintains knowledge-based competency of Donor Tech duties as needed.
- Associate’s degree desired or equivalent related work experience.
- Experience allocating and/or coordinating supplies.
- Experience in fleet management functions desired.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and coordinate the actions of others, desired.
- Technical writing skill preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, oral, and written communication skills.
- Skilled in accurate documentation with emphasis on detail.
- Ability to independently lift 30 pounds.
- Required to stand and sit for prolonged periods of time.
Submit your resume to join our team: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=combctr&jobId=210982&lang=en_US&source=CC2
The Community Blood Center
4406 W. Spencer St.
Appleton, WI 54914
Community Blood Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran