LABORATORY ASSISTANT - NORTHWOODS
Responsible for reliable performance of laboratory and laboratory related functions at the North Woods fixed site on and on-call/as needed basis.
This is a part-time, year round position, which includes one or two on-call weekends a month, one or two on-call holidays per year, and additional hours as agreed upon. To meet our hospital customer needs in a prompt and timely manner, preferred candidates will be within a 15 mile radius of our location in Arbor Vitae. Training is provided.
Primary Job Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned):
- Exhibits exceptional customer service at all times with internal and external customers.
- Ensures all laboratory functions are in compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Appropriately stores and inventories blood components.
- Covers Laboratory activities on a rotational call basis.
- Arranges for transportation of sample tubes or blood products to the main site in Appleton.
- Delivers labeled components in a timely manner to the local service area hospitals.
- Ensures proper function of refrigerators/freezers by monitoring and evaluating temperature recording devices.
- Appropriately separates and packages biohazard waste.
- Adheres to all work rules, SOP, regulatory, safety, cGMP, and CBC Handbook guidelines and requirements.
- Demonstrates teamwork, flexibility and dependability.
- Accountable for the economical use of materials and the proper use of equipment while performing duties and
- High School diploma, or equivalent experience. Background in biology or health sciences preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology desirable
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication
- Strong telephone and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to follow directions with accuracy
- Skilled in accurate documentation with emphasis on detail
- High level of assessment skills
- Able to work with moderate to fluctuating loud noise levels
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to deliver blood products to hospitals
- Employee may be required to lift objects or materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
Submit your resume to join our team: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=combctr&jobId=220621&lang=en_US&source=CC2
The Community Blood Center
4406 W. Spencer St.
Appleton, WI 54914
Community Blood Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran