After Your Donation
Once your donation is done, take 10-15 minutes to relax, drink a few glasses of juice, and eat some snacks. Enjoy the great feeling of knowing that your donation will help a hospital patient!
- Eat hearty meals and drink 4 extra glasses of water
- Refrain from strenuous activity or heavy lifting
- Avoid prolonged standing and hot environments
- Leave the bandage on for 4 hours
- Abstain from alcohol or smoking
- If the donation site starts to bleed, raise your arm straight up and press on the site for 4 - 5 minutes
- If you start feeling lightheaded or dizzy, lie down and raise your feet
- If your arm becomes sore, applying an ice pack for 10-20 minutes can help relieve discomfort
- Feel your blood should not be used for transfusion
- Remember important health Information you didn’t give us
- Realize after donating you do not meet the screening criteria
- Develop a fever or diarrhea, or an infection at the donation site
- Have any other questions regarding your donation
Your blood donation may help save someone’s life - thank you for giving blood!